Monday, September 21, 2009

Project 1 Update: Illustrator

Constructing the body of the Koi fish was a challenge for me. From the original sketch, it seemed easy and made sense that it was possible to do, however, after many trials, it did not worked the way I wanted. So, I had changed the body structure. I made up another sketch and it had proven to work better than the previous one. Below are images from sketches and Illustrator framework.

Here are the new sketch of the body:

After I have tested this sketch out. I have created a cleaner version on Illustrator (second image):

Next update: I will add colors and scales on the body. For the colors I was thinking about using watercolor and sumi-e style inks similar to what is used in the scroll paintings previously discussed.

No comments:

Post a Comment